Department of EEE
Electrical Engineering is a field of engineering that generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism. The department of Electrical Engineering was established in the year 2007 with intake of 60. The intake was increased to 120 in the year 2012.
The department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering (E.E.E.) at S. V. College of Engineering offers a 4-year B.Tech programme. This programme covers theoretical, computational and practical aspects. At the end of the programme, students acquire sound analytical and practical knowledge to formulate and solve challenging problems and are well prepared to take up jobs in electrical &software industries or to pursue higher studies.
The department of E.E.E. has fully equipped labs with modern technology. The department has rich experienced and dedicated faculty with background of industry and teaching experience which moulds enthusiastic students into excellent engineers. The exposure to the latest technologies fosters the creativity and independent thinking of students.
ELITE – – A Technical Association for Electrical Engineers is established in the year 2009. The objective of ELITE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by industries and other organizations. Various workshops, seminars and symposia have been organized under the ELITE banner so far, which have strengthened both the teaching and research activities of the department.
The department of Electrical Engineering started an ISTE chapter in the year 2013. ISTE (ISTE –Indian Society for Technical Education) is a national professional, non-profit making society having links with various professional bodies in India and abroad.
Objectives of the Department
- Graduates will utilize their expertise in Electrical and Electronics Engineering to solve industry’s technological problems.
- Graduates will be innovators or entrepreneurs in technology development, technology deployment, and system implementation in a wide range of engineering and related industries.
- Graduates will function in their profession with social awareness and responsibility.
- Graduates will interact with their peers in other disciplines in industry and society and contribute to the economic growth of the country.
- Graduates will have the academic background to be successful in graduate studies.
- Graduates will have the preparations to pursue career paths in teaching or research.
- High Voltage Engineering
- Renewable Energy Resources
- Soft Computing Techniques
- Reliability Engineering and Applications to Power
- Optimization Techniques
- Modern Control Theory
- Special Electrical Machines
- PLC & DCS –Its Applications
- Embedded Systems
- Design of Electrical systems
- Energy Auditing & Demand side Management.